Thursday, September 4, 2008

Staying Hydrated while Playing 18

Gatorade is a monster in the sports drink category. In fact, I think their share is more than 80%. Recently, Gatorade and Tiger Woods joined forces for a new sports/golf drink, called Gatorade Tiger Woods. I'm sure the differences between this version and the classic Gatorade are minute. Whenever I am forced to hydrate gulping some colored drink I find myself: 1-looking for the tall grass to relieve myself 2-So much sugar I can't sit still and 3-One heck of a bloated stomach. All of this does not make for a good afternoon of golfing. I think I may have found a solution. Many months ago I saw a feature in a golf magazine about what a player has in his bag. Besides clubs, one golfer carried something called Back Nine Lytes. As a pretty good sweater, I figured it looked interesting. So I googled the company and called to place an order. I started using them as soon as they arrived. I have got to tell you that they are as important in my bag now as my putter. If it's hot I take a few of these pills with water prior to my round. I might take a few around the 6-7 holes. Then I definitely take a few more around 12-13 and I even take some after I'm finished. I never feel fatigued.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go get some Back Nine Lytes.